10 Reasons For An Aircraft Appraisal
Why do I need an Appraisal?
- To obtain a professional opinion of the present Fair Market Value on an aircraft.
- To assist a prospective purchaser in obtaining financing or insurance.
- To assist a financial institution in substantiating the nature and value of the aircraft as it relates to collateral.
- To assist a financial institution by supporting the loan portfolio for examination by the loan committee and/or bank examiner.
- To obtain a professional opinion of the value on an aircraft to be renovated or modified.
- To obtain a professional opinion of the value of an aircraft as a prudent safeguard against excessive tax assessments, capital gains and other taxes.
- To verify damage claims resulting from fire, hail, windstorms, accidents and other disasters.
- To provide the basis for decision-making in the commitment of funds for aircraft acquisition.
- To provide persuasive, independent evidence of the condition of an aircraft.
- To distinguish a seller’s aircraft from others that may be listed for sale.